Saturday, March 17, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday - Cross Stitch

Ok so I have already confessed to the fact that I have been totally useless when it comes to keeping up with the TAST challenge. I know Sharon has said that it is something we can all dip in and out of but I had hoped to have been in more than out when this first started.

I have been keeping up with all of the wonderful creations that have come out of the challenge though and there has been some stunning work. I decided that this would be the week that I get my butt into gear and make something for the challenge again so here it is.There are so many lovely stitches for me to catch up on but I decided to go with the cross stitch. In the past I have made lots of cross stitched pictures and cross stitch was my Mum's passion. I thought it would be interesting for me to use the stitch in a different way so have made all my stitches totally wonky, very different from the hours I have spent in the past stitching even little stitches over aida. I just loved the process of making this poatcard, very liberating to use the cross stitch in this way.

This card will be going to SuZ for the FAF birthday swap.

2 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Your pc's are all very nicely put together as usual. I like the idea of the edges fraying as the postcard goes on its journey.

Grangry said...

This is very nice. I like the difference in scale of your crosses.