Monday, March 05, 2007

Christina's spirit doll

Ok as promised here is some of the bead work that I have been doing for one of the round robins that I have been participating in. This time round I had Christina's beautiful Spirit Doll. Here she is before.And this is her after I had added my bead work.I found the shape of the doll difficult. Don't get me wrong Christina has made a wonderful form but I just didn't know where to start with the beading, no doubt that is just my beading inexperience shining through. Christina said that she likes texture so I added some stone chip beads around the face cab and then used different, sizes and types of beads to create some interest and different textures on the 'tail'.

Even though I am finding these dolls a challenge I am also really enjoying the beadwork. It takes quite a bit of time but when you have finished filling an area and it all comes to life it is very rewarding. I am already in possession of the dolls in the next rounds of both the mermaid and the spirit swap and am looking forward to getting started.

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

What a great doll - almost seems a shame to cover that lovely fabric with beadwork! Love the texture you are creating with the stone chips and the contrast between seed and bugle beads :)

Vi said...

I love the beadwork you did on the doll. :-)