Thursday, March 02, 2006

I made something!

After a few days of not having the time or inclination to make anything I finally got round to designing some fiber postcards. This swap was on a UK based list and the theme was vintage. I microwave dyed some fabrics using a beige dye and used a couple of the rubber stamps that I collected when I was doing a lot of card making to stamp the image of a lady and the quote in brown ink. I finished the card by attaching some lace trim round the image of the lady, and added some machine stitched herringbone down the side.

All the layers on this card were fabric no card or stiffners so it will be interesting to see if they make it through the post ok. I'm hoping that as they don't have far to travel they will all make it ok.

No comments: