Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My year in review

Its that time of year to clear down the side bar and do a little self indulgent post to mark some of the things that I've done in the last year.  

Honestly looking back I can't quite believe how lucky 2013 has been for me.  I bought my own home, had some wonderful trips, managed to survive another year in the day job and got to indulge in all of my favourite pastimes.  

I'm truly excited to see where 2014 will take me.  If I could be selfish and have all the things I want it would be more time with family, more time for crafting, to bring back walking as a regular thing in my life (sadly that fell by the wayside a bit in 2013), and to be able to visit more new places.

It will be fun finding out which of these wishes I can make come true this year.   But we have other plans bubbling away in the background which if they come to fruition could suck up a fair amount of time and take me away from the things on my list, but if we can pull them off I won't mind a jot ......time will tell.

Do you have any exciting plans for 2014?  I'd love to hear all about them.


Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy 2014



Projects I completed in 2013

Crochet Moogle

Summer Mist throw

Ellie's Owls

Amy's owl mobile

Wildflower cross stitch

Crochet Beret

Kiss Me Cross Stitch

Three knitted Chicks

Take Time Cross Stitch

Snuggly Squares Crochet Blanket

Starburst Crochet Blanket

Wensleydale Lace Scarf
Knitted moustache

Movies I went to watch in 2013 

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
Gravity

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2

How I Live Now

About Time

Riddick

The Mortal Instruments

Elysium

Kick Ass 2

Lone Ranger

The Conjuring

The Wolverine

World War Z

Man of Steel

After Earth

Star Trek Into Darkness

Iron Man 3

Oblivion

Dark Skies

Mama

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

This is 40

A Good Day to Die Hard

Prisoners

Thor: The Dark World
Captain Phillips

Books I read in 2013

The ocean at the end of the lane by Neil Gaiman

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

Night of the living Trekkies by Kevin Anderson and Sam Stall

Armageddon the Musical by Robert Rankin

Sword Song by Bernard Cornwell

World War Z by Max Brooks

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

By Light Alone by Adam Roberts

Laura's Handmade Life by Amanda Addison
The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter

Places I visited in 2013

Avebury, Wiltshire

Aysgarth, Yorkshire

Bainbridge, Yorkshire

Bourton on the Water

Cardiff, Wales

Clapham, Yorkshire

Grassington, Yorkshire

Hawes, Yorkshire

Hudderfield, Yorkshire

Kettlewell, Yorkshire

Leeds Yorkshire

Leyburn, Yorkshire

Linton, Yorkshire

London

Malham, Yorkshire

Moreton in Marsh

Northampton

Oxford

Reeth, Yorkshire

Stockholm, Sweden
Wells, Somerset

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Maybe in 2014 you can visit Virginia, USA!