Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Accidents

I had an amazing weekend in warm sunshine and blue skies at Glastonbury.  Even though it's only really just down the road from me I've never taken the time to visit and explore.  I had such a joy filled weekend exploring the sites and soaking up the atmosphere.  I'll come back one day soon to post some pictures of my visit but for now I just had to share this coincidence with you.

I've been working away on my new patchwork picture, as I said before I don't want to share too much right now, but it features a big hill with a wiggly path running up it.

I was struck by how similar my picture is to this view of Glastonbury tour ....
... one of the many photos I took last Saturday.  I started the picture before my visit, it's based on a doodle that has been in my head for a while.  I've wanted to visit Glastonbury for the longest time and have seen many, many images of the tor over the years, and while my doodle is not exactly the same as the tower on the tor maybe my subconscious had this place in mind when the doodle came to me, and maybe knowing that my visit was imminent is what drew me to finally getting round to creating my image in stitch.

Coincidence?  Serendipity? Happy accident? Maybe my mind is just making connections that aren't really there, who knows? It's something fun to think about nonetheless.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

To my shame, although we only live a few miles away, we haven't yet climbed the Tor. We've visited the town several times, but the Tor has to go on this year's list of good walks to do with Ruby. Perhaps your stitching is about Jack and Jill went up the hill?

Anita said...

I myself am particularly fond of serendipity. :)

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

So you finally got your weekend in Glastonbury! And it sounds like it was a good one! Beautiful weather!
Regarding your coincidence - who knows?! Like Anita, I am attracted to the possibility of serendipity!

Sarah said...

I love that walk up to the top of Glastonbury Tor. We visit the area once or twice a year and stay in a campsite about a mile away so can do a wonderful round trip via the Tor and the town (such a great place for people watching). It sounds like you had a great time and looking forward to seeing your little picture when its finished.