Sunday, May 15, 2011

Down on the Farm

It's been a while since I did an out and about post. It's not that I don't have anything to tell you about I still have photos from Amsterdam, walks on the beach in Cornwall, messing around by the river and strolls in woods that I haven't told you about I just haven't had the time.

I will get to all that stuff but first here are a few snaps from a trip to the farm yesterday.Curious piggiesFriendly goats (these were adorable they were trying to eat everything including shoelaces and our backpacks!)Chickens galore including this fancy fellowAnd this portly fellow. Honestly these chickens were huge I've never seen the like....To give you an idea here he is stood up next to a duck. Giant, he was :)A trip to the farm is not all about the animals though plenty of beautiful ramshackle buildings to see too, if you like that sort of thing, which I do :)
The main attraction though were the beautiful herds of Bison. What magnificent animals, and they had babies too.I mean how cute is this little sleepy fellow. Hard to imagine that one day he'll grow up to look like this.It struck me as quite funny to see this huge and powerful beasts among the buttercups!After the trip to the farm we went for a wonderful 6 mile ramble through the countryside. Due to a bit of bad planning on my part though I only have this one shot of the countryside to share as my camera battery went flat.
Never mind lesson learned for next time!

3 comments:

Karen said...

the baby Bison are so cute! Hard to imagine them growing into those huge beasts!!

Anita said...

Fun. Your bison in the buttercups made me giggle. I am loving that gigantic chicken though. Wow, what a mammoth!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Oh, the bison calf and the little goat are so cute!