Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scraphappy Saturday and 3CS

Don't you love it when you can multitask? This post is good for both the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I'm happy to report that I just made the deadline for the 3CS challenge too :)You might remember that last week I was busy making up some collage fabrics from my tiny scraps. Well they have all now been cut up and stitched back together to make a new doll. I'm call her Collette.She's my entry for this last months 3CS challenge. Actually it's quite tricky to get a picture of her as a whole as she is really long and skinny. Again as with the other dolls I've made this year there is plenty of room for improvement but overall I'm really happy with how she turned out.I found the construction a bit strange as you basically make a flat head, with only the tiniest amount of stuffing and then stitch that on to the neck of your main doll form. My face shape went a little squiffy and there a few tucks where there shouldn't be, but I'm not calling them mistakes they add character ;) After all we can't all be perfect.I do like her long elegant shape though. I think I'll add some kind of hook to her back and have her hanging from the wall somewhere. I also love that she had separate little hands and feet attached to the long limbs with beads. These small pieces were quite tricky to turn but that was probably as much to do with the fact that I had seams in my fabrics from the collaging as it was the size of the pieces.I gave her a great big shock of hair made from some yarn that I found in my yarn box. It's a mix from two different balls in the same range on in green and the other in pinks and purples, they were just perfect for the colour scheme.

I'm loving taking part in both of these challenges such a great way to use up bits and pieces that I've had just hanging around waiting to find a use :)

If you want to find out what everyone else has been doing this week in the Rainbow Challenge you can visit here There will be a linky post to take you to everyone elses blogs.

And if you want to see what else has been made for the 3CS challenge check out the Flickr Group here

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend, I know I will :)

7 comments:

Jane said...

She's fabulous, and I love those feet

Amanda said...

What an unusual 'doll', not at all what I expect when I hear that word, and certainly not for children, but I think she's wonderful; especially the hair. And what a terrific way of using up your scraps.

Beth said...

I love her wild hair and very elegant arms, legs and feet.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hello Angela! What a lovely rainbow scrap quilt! And the doll is great!
Have a lovely week! Teje

Karen said...

Oh Collette is wondeful!! and I sense she has ''attitude''!!

Vicki W said...

Your doll turned out great!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

She's looking great - very rock chic. I love her shoes, and the beads attaching them to the legs really fit in well.