Friday, April 15, 2011

Amsterdam - Tulips

Well it would be rude to visit Amsterdam in the Spring and not make the effort to seek out some tulips. So on a beautiful Sunday afternoon I jumped on another bus and went to Keukenhof.What a beautiful afternoon I spent among the flowers.The tulips were just starting to come out while I was there but I would imagine it would be spectacular to visit now a few weeks on, I expect they will all be in full bloom. Still there was plenty to see, tulips, other spring flowers, sculptures, and pretty garden displays. Here are a few of the shots I took.As you can see lots of beautiful colour everywhere. There was also another windmill in the park.This one was actually open and you could go part way up inside. What a lovely view looking out over the park.Also it was fun to get up close and get some other views on the windmill. The blades were turning in the breeze so I had to stand for a while with my camera pointing up to get a shot whose composition I was happy with. Everyone else had their cameras pointing out over the pretty view I think they thought I was quite mad!

The park also has several covered pavilions, one of them had a beautiful display of orchids and exotic flowersThere were also little display stands dotted around in the pavilions. I loved this little display of antique style lights.Of course I can't let you go without one final shot of the tulips.If you are not already totally bored of hearing about my trip I still have another couple of posts to share .....but that will be for another time

2 comments:

Anita said...

You always have such lovely pictures of your travels, I feel as if I was right there with you.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Lovely photos of Keukenhof, Angela. I've been in Amsterdam around this time, and seen lots of tulips in the streets but have never yet made it to the gardens at Keukenhof. Hope to get there one day.
Janice.