Wednesday, April 27, 2011

At last a little bit of stitching...

Only a little bit though...... while I was with family at the weekend I took a few purple scraps to play with and ended up with this little granny flower pincushion
Fabrics are different on each side.
I've been thinking about starting up a little Etsy shop or similar. Buying threads, fabrics and books for my City and Guilds is costing a bit more than I expected, and I'm always making stuff that just ends up sitting round the house so I thought may be this could be a way of getting a few extra pennies to put back in to the course. I know there are lots of wonderfully creative people out there and my stuff would be pretty basic compared to some so might not sell but every little helps right and anything would be a happy bonus. Maybe this little cushion will be among the first things in the shop. Anyone out there already on Etsy and have any good advice?

Anyway back to the purple scraps, these haven't been stitched yet but I have all the squares cut for my purple chequerboard blocks so hopefully that will get done this week in time for scrappy Saturday.And finally I just had to show you this lovely fabric goodness. I'm so excited to have won a giveaway on Vicki's blog recently. Just look at all this wonderful fabric. I'm so lucky.Good quality quilting cotton is always so expensive here in the UK so it's a real treat for me to receive all this. Lots of gorgeous orangeness too my favourite. I'm thrilled with the parcel. Thanks so much Vicki!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm thinking of starting a C & G course too, so will be interested to see what you get up to. Good luck with the Etsy shop, I know that some are very successful. What a lovely bunch of fabrics too. I can't believe the cost of fabric in the UK compared with the USA. I've just bought a whole lot of solids from an American online company, and even with the postage it's way cheaper than here in the UK.

Val said...

Hi Angela - nice to meet you! What a gorgeous array of fabrics you won, you'll be able to create something fantastic with those! Enjoy your C&G Course, it'll be hard work, but well worth it. Charity Shops are a wonderful source for fabrics (recycling!) as well as bootsales! Went to my first bootsale this year on Easter Monday and got my first fix! Won't last all that long though before I need to go again ........

VivJM said...

Love your little hexie pincushions. Can't advise you on Etsy but I have friends who sell on Folksy (UK equiv) and seem to do ok. Good luck with your course!