Iris is done. I've been having a hard time getting some pictures of her that I like, but nevermind I can't wait any longer and just have to put her up here to say hello.As you can see she has moved on and has a head and everything. I added some flowers to the bottom of her skirt and I'm a lot happier with the way it looks now.These flowers match the one that I'd already added to her bodice. They come from a couple of bunches of artificial flowers that I picked apart.I didn't finish her off exactly as the pattern in the book. I decided not to add netted ruffs to her sleeves, instead I just tied on some torn strips of left over sari silk.I also didn't add ribbons to her legs as in the original pattern. I had to change out the fabric that I had first chosen for the legs as I didn't have quite enough. It got replace with a fabric that has a pretty dragonfly pattern so I thought the legs didn't really need anything extra.I raided my yarn stash for her hair, and while I didn't have anything that stuck strickly to the colour pallette I'm happy with what I picked out.
I'm really looking forward to the next colour pallette now so I can try another doll. I just hope that I have time for everything now that I've signed up for City and Guilds