Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fairy in Progress

This rather bizarre looking creation is my fairy doll in progress. I'm having fun taking this class but as I have so many other things on the go I'm making slow progress, just the body and legs so far.

I came unstuck with the arms though as they were so tiny I had trouble turning them until I came up with an improvised turning tool made from a straw and a kebab stick. After much effort and swearing I managed to get the arms turned and yes you guessed it I haven't done a thing with them since!

When fairy is finished I want to have a go at the mermaid which is a slight variation on the pattern so I decided to order some proper turning tools. Ordered on Saturday arrived today so I can highly recommend this supplier of doll related items.

http://www.clothdollcreations.co.uk/

No comments: