Inspite of everything that has been going on I haven't been idle on the creative front. Before I left for Stevenage I packed a box of sewing projects to keep me going and made sure that I spent at least an hour each evening working on things for me.
I finally got round to putting together the totem project which was a wonderful swap hosted on the FiberArtTraders yahoo group (see links) a while ago. Everyone created 5 totem pieces, kept one and sent the others to be traded with other players. Here is my finished piece.
I used multicoloured ribbon to attach them altogether. I am pleased with the way it has turned out but may go back and shorten the ribbon pieces as it has turned out to be longer than I had anticipated and when hung it is within cat reach, so I don't want to come home one day to find that one of the little monsters has been using this wonderful artwork as a plaything!
Snake - Made by Angela Hart
Frog - Made by Kim Bowman
Bear - Made by Ellen Bayliss
Robin - Made by Judith Clarke
Wolf - Made by Tina Lynch