Today I finished up a set of 4 postcards that I have been working on this weekend. The swap is four elements: earth. I decided to 'borrow' the idea from the mini block swap I did a while back and adapt it for a postcard.
I fused the layers of fabric and then secured them with blanket stitch in a lovely varigated perle thread. I add some sequins for a bit of sparkle and then seed stitched round the edges and added a few french knots. Quite a lot of hand work but I like they way they turned out. I don't usually work mant abstract designs so this was a nice change for me.
UPDATE: Well you might be wondering what has happened to my other works in progress. The mermaids are almost ready to be satin stitched and sent, phew, I am almost a month behind with these now and am feeling extremely guilty.
All of my mother natures have been painted I now just have to decide what backdrop to add them to so hopefully they will also be appearing shortly.