Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring Quilt Festival Exeter

This past Saturday I went to the Spring quilt festival in Exeter, with a couple of friends from my college class Anne and Barbara. It's not a very big show but there were still plenty of wonderful quilts to be seen and it wasn't too busy so it was easy to get a good look at everything. I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my favourites. This one is called Moonshine by a lady called Heather Hasthorpe. The colours haven't come out too well but the visual effect of the quilt was stunning there were so many shapes to be seen depending on how far back you viewed the quilt from.

This second quilt won the Art Deco revisited challenge. and is called Erte in the Sky with Diamonds. It was made by Jennifer Trollope. There was some amazing beaded and stitched detail in this one and I loved the image of the lady with her dog.

We all had such a fun day, can't wait to go again next year :)

No comments: