Saturday, January 10, 2015

What I'm working on

I'm still struggling to shake off the last of the illness that's had me knocked out since the middle of December. It's definitely a case of one step forward two steps back. One day I feel like the light is at the end of the tunnel the next I wake up feeling lacklustre and full of germs again. I'm looking forward to the day I wake up feeling well again and can get this year started.

In the meantime there's not much I can do but continue to get from one end of the day to the other and potter and create in the small windows each day when I have the energy for it.

As I haven't blogged regularly in an age I thought I'd catch you up with the things I'm actively working on right now.  Knitting and crochet seem to have taken over my crafting time for the last 6 months or so, largely due to the fact that most of my other crafting things are packed away in storage.  My poor old sewing machine hasn't seen the light of day for almost 2 years if you can believe it....I'm looking forward to a time when I have some room to have it set up again but until then......

I'm crocheting a large blanket which was started as part of Lucy's Cosy CAL over at Attic 24.  Thanks to this bug that I picked up I've fallen so far behind most others have finished. I decided to go with my own limited colour palette rather than following Lucy's colour scheme and I've made my blanket wider, it should hopefully cover a double bed more or less.  Take a look at my project page on Ravelry if you're interested in details about colours I'm using
We welcomed a new member of the family in to the world yesterday as my sister gave birth to a bouncing baby boy.  I'm working on a knitted garland to gift her for the baby just a couple more letters to knit up.
Finally I have this Celtic knot scarf bubbling away in the background.  I started this back in June last year when I picked up 4 balls of Aran in a sale at the bargain price of £1 each.  I was originally hoping to to finish this and gift it to someone for Christmas but that didn't pan out again due to feeling ill but I'm three quarters of the way through so I'll keep plugging away until it's done.
I have a million and one other projects tucked away in cupboards in various stages of completion but I need to get focused and finish a few things.   I've also got a tonne of new starts that I want to embark on but I'm trying to exercise some will power and not start anything until I have something finished.  My lovely man gifted me this gorgeous book for Christmas and the next thing to be started will be from here.....the thought of hooking up one of these lovelies is spurring me on to get something finished.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love the colours in the blanket and scarf. Congratulations to all on the new addition, someone else to make wonderful things for

WendyCarole said...

Love the celtic knot scarf. And the book looks rather good.
I really must get my act together and master crochet.