Saturday, December 16, 2006

Water

I have also been working on a set of postcards for the advanced group today. The last in our Four elements series. I have had such fun with this series I will be sorry to see it come to an end. This time it's water. I had a few ideas for the design for this but decided to somehow try and capture the movement of the water as it flows in a river.

I'm not entirely sure if I managed to capture the feel that I wanted but I'm pleased with the way they turned out none the less. I cut lots of strips of different fabrics, ribbons and fibres in various shades of blue, each about a quarter of an inch wide. Then laid them out in a random fashion across a layer of background fabric. Over the top of this went a layer of blue net and I stitched randomly over the top of this to seal all of the layers together.

No comments: