Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hot chocolate and marshmallows

Still at home today, but slowly starting to feel better so should be back at work tomorrow.  These couple of days have given me a chance to reflect on the first few weeks of 2012, it's hard to believe that a month of the new year has passed already!!

I haven't necessarily managed to stick to everything on my plan of things to work toward in 2012, but I can't be too disheartened with how I've done.  It takes time for new approaches and new ways of thinking to bed in and there are bound to be slip ups along the way.

I have been treating myself well, I have managed to get out and about a fair bit and I have made a couple of fabulous 'handmade' and 'local' purchases too, these are all things to be celebrated.  The main thing I'm finding difficult is to carve out enough time to fit in all of the things that I love in life, there never seems enough hours in the day.

Sometimes it's about accepting that we aren't all super human, it's about making the most of what we've got, the free time we have and forgiving ourselves for taking time out to just sit, relax and do nothing much for a while. 

So for the next few hours, if you need me .......
.... you'll find me drinking hot chocolate and marshmallows from my favourite mug, and sitting back to watch the new Rush DVD I treated myself to on payday .... nothing more, and I'll not be beating myself up about the million and one other things I could/should/ought to be doing instead of being sat around watching TV.

Hope you make sometime for yourself today to just sit, relax and be. X

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

There's nothing like a cold to tell us when it's time to slow down a bit! I hope you feel better soon.