Friday, January 20, 2012

Algerian Eyes

Before I get to the main point of this post I want to thank everyone who commented on my last post for their kind words of encouragement and support. Twelve comments so far so that is one person a month to send a little surprise to.  I'll be emailing you all soon for your snail mail details.

 I just realised that 2012 is the year of the Dragon in the Chinese horoscope, I was also born in a year of the dragon that has to be a sign that 2012 will be my year right?  :)

I've been a little lazy the last couple of weeks when it comes to creative endeavours.  I have been making a little progress on the surprise project though,
I've been working away on some Algerian eye stitching.  It's a bit hard going on the eyes working it on the linen fabric, but I love the delicate pattern that is emerging.  Well worth the effort I think.

Hope you all have a beautiful and fulfilling weekend.  XX

6 comments:

Doreen G said...

I like the look of the Algerian eye stitch Angela-beautiful work.

Jane said...

That looks prettty, love the effect of algerian eye, worth the eye strain

Sue Wild said...

The little peek of cross stitch looks lovely, the Algerian eye stitch just adds to it.

I hope that 2012 will be a good year for you.

coral-seas said...

It certainly is the Year of the Dragon. To be precise it is the year of the Water Dragon. The 12 animals change each year, the5 elements change every 12 years. You are not a Water Dragon, you are far too young, but my husband is, this is the year or his rebirth, don't you think that is rather cool. Maybe we have a mini-rebirth every twelve years when our sign comes around again. Maybe that is why you are looking at your new self. Dragons are powerful, maybe you are feeling a resurgance of your power.

Wendy said...

ooooh, pretty!

Kate North said...

You have more patience than I do for Algerian eye stitch -I have such trouble getting my head around any of those sort of stitches - they always come out wonky for me. Better stick to cross-stitch!