Sunday, July 22, 2007

Shopping

I spent yesterday and today visiting with my Dad. It was great to catch up with all my family, I haven't been up to see them since a few weeks before my Scotland trip so it was long overdue. My Dad lives near a huge borders store and a Paperchase, I spent way more than I should have. It's probably a good thing that I don't go to visit more often, lol!

Here are my Borders purchases.
I've seen this magazine talked about on some of the other blogs I read but I've never found anywhere to buy it here so just had to give it a try. I have to say I adore the dress on the front and the article about Lindsay Mason the young designer of this was a lovely read, but aside from that I didn't really find much to tickle my fancy so I was a little disappointed.

Somerset studio I have bought before and have really enjoyed the other issues I've invested in, so far I have had time to have a look through this issue yet but I'm hoping that it will be more of the same.

And my Paperchase purchases....

This first journal has beautiful brown paper pages which I just couldn't resist. If I can bring myself to actually use it I think I will have a go at using it as a mixed media art journal. Once I am caught up on all my swap commitments and have more time to do some things for myself I hope to get back to do some painting and papercraft work.
This second journal had such a pretty cover I couldn't resist and it's filled with lovely slightly glossy blank pages so I'm planning on using this as a sketchbook, my drawing skills are pretty poor and I would like to practise some more. I also bought this pack of cute Kitty tissues from paperchase just because and some cute heart and flower paperclips which I thought could be used for embellishments both in stitch and paperwork. My bargain purchase of the day were a pack of 12 of these cute little bears, I can't figure out of they are perhaps knitted or crocheted, but they were only £1 so I just had to have them.Finally I bought a pack of paint brushes, these are really for kids crafts but there was such a great assortment of types and sizes and some sponge brushes I knew I'd find some use for them and I just loved the colours, even if I don't use them ever I think I will have to find a cute pot to put them in as I think they will look great on my work table just as a decoration.

1 comment:

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
I've enjoyed your blog and especially sharing in your recent shopping trip!
Susan