I haven't posted all week so I have plenty of catching up to do. I've been feeling pretty rough with a cold all week so haven't much felt like spending a lot of time at the PC.
First project for the week the FAT Monday night challenge. This was a new thing for the group where Listmom Nj set a theme and we had 2 hours to make a postcard. The theme was The Essence of Time.
I made a perfume bottle with the word time wafting out of it. For the first time ever I tried some vermicelli quilting in the background. It came out ok for a first attempt I think. The cards were all sent to the challenge winner Tonny :)
At my quilt class on Tuesday I started to piece a back for a quilt that I am making for my bed. The top is based on one of the Alley cat designs and I am making the back from 120 different 6" blocks all different cat prints. Who knew I had that many cat prints in my collection? I don't have a full picture of the front yet as I keep forgetting to enlist Mark's help for taking a photo, but here is a close up of one of the cats. I got all but one of the rows sewn together, now all I have to do is join the rows and add the border.
Wednesday well I posted a picture of the In the Ocean cards that I made.
On Thursday I spent some time making some cards for a blue/green swap that was due in the mail today. I decided to go for an abstract design using different backgrounds and some small patches that I had from an old swatch pack. All the cards are unique as I used different fabrics but they all pretty much are along the same design just with a couple of variations.
Yesterday was a bit of an odd day. Thursday night I'd been sleeping so bad because of my cold I decided to take a sleeping pill for the first time ever, well I didn't wake up until past midday, and felt really light headed and out of it for most of the day. Eventually I pulled myself together at about 10pm and made these dragons for a swap on the mixed media group I belong to. Mark designed the heads for me and I made them up using some tissue paper. I decorated the background card using some stamping ink and voila they were done. Made it just in time as the posting date was today.
I'm now all up to date with my swaps for the time being I have a couple due at the end of next week so I will be trying to work on them today. The first theme is Abstract with funky fibers I have an idea for my design and for a change want to try and work the cards in Satin rather than cotton but I'm not sure how well this will work out so I'm off to have a play now, if it doesn't work then I don't have much time to come up with a different idea.