Monday, February 13, 2006

February Goddess


I took plenty of sewing with me to do at Dad's this weekend but ended up spending most of the time visiting family and watching the winter olympics on TV so didn't end up doing too much.

I did manage to get my FGM February challenge complete though. This month's theme was love and the things that you love.

I have an idea to make a wall-hanging from these blocks and they are all going to be kind of free standing so thought I'd do a bit of experimenting with background shapes. I cut a heart out of some fabric that I dyed in the microwave (giggle) using 2 shades of pink and a touch of purple dye. I then hand stamped some kitties in red using a rubber stamp that I usually use for card making, you all know by now that I love my kitties :)

Of course I had to include my love of this great hobby I've found, quilting, so I used some quilting print fabric that I found in my stash to make the fairy wings. I decided that I should have some element in each of the blocks that will remain the same so I've used the same fabric to make the goddess body that I used in the January block.

No comments: