Sunday, February 19, 2006

Door Charm


Here's what I made today. After finishing up all 10 of my Trevor postcards I decided to have a go at making a door charm for another swap that is running on the FAT group. It's turned out better than I expected.

The challenge was to make a door charm which jingled, had a charm and had some element of fabric in it. I made a circle with some jewellery wire and tied some fabric scraps to it. I then made a felt heart which I stuffed slightly and added a few simple embroidered embellishments to. To the bottom of the heart I added some small cat bells for the jingle and a cute little silver cat bead as the charm (I had to add the Angelcat touch somewhere!). I tied the heart to the wire with some ribbon which I threaded with a couple of flower beads to add a bit of interest.

No comments: