Thursday, August 02, 2012

Zennor

Just a few shots that I found and realised that I hadn't posted from my few days away in Cornwall earlier this year. Looking at these makes me want to go back right now, lol.

These were all taken on a fabulous walk round the South West Coast Path from St Ives to Zennor.



In Zennor church there is a chair with a beautiful carving of a mermaid.  This is not a great picture but it's the best one I managed to get.
I absolutely loved seeing this beautiful art work.  It's something that I've wanted to see for many years, it was pretty much a life changing experience for me, which I know might sound a bit strange it's only a chair after all!!

I've visited Cornwall many times over the years and this has always been on my list of things that I wanted to see, but I never got round to it, mostly because I always gave in to doing the things that the person I was with wanted to do in lieu of my own preferences.  So this trip when I visited on my own I got to do what I wanted and when I wanted to do it, it was nice to feel independent and empowered and somehow I have felt like a better version of me since then.

No comments: