Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Museums and Parks

This is another catch up post, this time a few pictures from my day trip to London back at the beginning of February.  The pictures have uploaded in a bit of a funny order and I'm feeling far too lazy to mess around sorting them out so this is going to be a bit higgeldy piggeldy I'm afraid.

A shot of the pedestrian tunnel which leads to such fabulous places as the Natural History and Victoria and Albert museums.
Some textiles from the British Museum ...... all wrapping from mummified beings.  The first one with the writing apparently shows the name Diogenes, and tells us that this person made his living mending textiles, which I loved.



Some fabulous buildings from the streets near The Royal Albert Hall
I loved that this puffed out pigeon had found such a picturesque place to perch, seemed to be made for him!!
The Princess Diana Memorial
There were lots of gulls walking on the frozen water of The Serpentine.
A rather tame squirrel, eating his lunch
The Royal Albert Hall
This one of early sunlight and shadows was taken while I was hanging around on the street waiting for the Natural History Museum to open.
I really loved some of the opulent religious artifacts in the silver collection at The Victoria and Albert Museum.
I had a really lovely day all in all.  I'm hoping to be able to make another visit to the capital early next month.... my sister and her family need to borrow my car for a weekend and they live a 30 min train ride from London so while I'm there it would be silly not to :)

2 comments:

Anita said...

You are so lucky to have so much culture so close, I know that where I live isn't all that bad, but when you post stuff like this...it gets pretty pale in comparison. I have a bad case of the grass is greener on the other side of the pond. :)

Sarah said...

How I love all those museums. My favourite is the British Museum followed closely by the Natural History. My daughter is studying for her Masters in Museum Studies and volunteers two days a week at the British Museum so I get lots of behind the scenes stories - fascinating place!!
Fantastic photos - you really do have a good eye for composition.