Friday, March 23, 2012

Castle Combe

We've had such a mild winter this year, and with some lovely blue sky days at the beginning of the month it really feels as though spring is coming in fast.  A couple of weekends ago, on one such glorious sunny day, I went walking round and about Castle Combe.
Such a picturesque village, and some of you might recognise it from the big screen.  Quite a few movies have been filmed using Castle Combe as location, most recently Warhorse.
My walk took me through the village and out in to the countryside were I found a field full of donkeys :)

There were lots of majestic looking trees to wonder at
but it wasn't just big that was beautiful on this day.  Look at the fabulous vibrant green of this moss lit up by the sun.
Any good walk works up an appetite, so some scrummy fish fingers sandwiches and a pint at this lovely pub and I was ready to head back to Castle Combe
Hey no one asked me for permission to use my likeness on the side of the church!! :)
Check out the blue sky .... not bad for March!!
This young lady had a pretty captivating stare ..... but eventually I did tear myself away and made it back home.
Here's hoping for lots of fine weather and fine walking to come this year

2 comments:

Vi said...

What a lovely village. :-)

Anita said...

How lovely, thank you for taking us on your walk with you. :)