Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mermaid Postcard

Despite feeling a bit out of sorts - I think I might have a cold coming - I did manage to get a bit of stitching done yesterday in between bouts of laying around on the sofa not doing a lot
I finished this postcard for an 'all out' themed swap, the idea of the swap was to put plenty of effort in.  To be fair I always try and do this for any swap that I go in anyway.  But this is what I came up with for this one.  The Mermaid is fussy cut from commercial fabric but she is hand stitched down with gold thread and I've also done some beading on her.  The back ground is machine stitched.  She'll be making her way to my swap partner in Germany soon.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I am sure she will be much appreciated in her new home. Love the colours

Caren Kristine said...

Isn't she lovely! Great job.

Anita said...

Lucky swap partner. She's beautiful, I love the beading, it adds the perfect touch.