Monday, April 14, 2008

N is for ....

Time seems to be passing by so quickly these last few weeks it's scary. I don't seem to be achieving much either. I've been so tired when I get home from work that I can barely pick up a needle let alone do anything. I think it's this darn cough which is still hanging around keeping me awake at night.

It's taken me nearly 2 weeks to get these postcards done and they aren't even complicated.




I decided quite a few weeks ago that N would be for Norwich stitch and that I would use some plastic canvas that was given to me from my Nan's stitching stuff after she passed away. Since I decided this I've seen several magazine articles with some beautiful canvas work featuring, yes you guessed it, Norwich stitch among others.

11 comments:

mzjohansen said...

These are about the finest art cards I have seen yet ! Well done !!!

Threadspider said...

I agree with zquilts. Those are beautiful-I am hoping I might get to see them in real life!

Purple Missus said...

Wait until you reach my age Angela - time goes by faster than you can blink *LOL*
These cards look very effective, proving that less is more. Well done.

Kate North said...

Hmm, tried to leave a comment and it gave me a hard time - apologies if this ends up posting twice. Anyway, just said you come up with some of the best ideas for your cards - I really like this one!

Anonymous said...

These look lovely - great use for plastuic canvas. i inherited a little nit of it too. Are the threads the oliver twists?

Terri Stegmiller said...

That stitch is very interesting. The cards look great. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

Helen in the UK said...

What a great interpretation of 'N' - very unusual and effective :)

Jane said...

All of your cards are lovely !!! I'm hoping that you are enjoying the spring weather and are only absent from posting because you are in your garden !!!! Best wishes...

Vi said...

Lovely cards Angela. :-) Hope your going okay?!

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Wonderful work. I like your post-cards.

Greetings
Anja

Unknown said...

I hope you are doing better! Life can be crazy sometimes! Just take a deep breath and relax! I think the postcards are beautiful! Melinda